Sifting through my countless notes I ran into my personal mission statement that I wrote about 3 years ago. Sometimes these old notes look rather silly when I see them in the present but, this one actually remains true to my current me. I will go ahead and share exactly as it appears in my notebook, I hope this will inspire you to write your own personal mission statement.
1. Start every day fresh and new, wake up and find at least 10 things to be grateful for.
2. Remember everything comes into your life for a reason – look for the lesson.
3. Remember who and what is important, try the 10 year rule – what will be important or remembered 10 years from now.
4. Remember, it’s not what you say – it’s what you do.
5. What do you want them to say?
6. Try to laugh out loud every day.
7. Don’t ever be afraid to try.
8. Live free – enjoy the journey – work hard – play hard – laugh hard – dream big – dance.
9. Accept help wherever it shows up and give as much as you can – pay it forward.
10. Do you want to be right or do you want to be kind?